*******EVENT IS SOLD OUT *******************
— JOIN US FOR THIS ONE DAY SEMINAR —
Become a more effective participant in Community Life!
Join successful community leaders and citizen volunteers at the 2016 Barrington Area Leadership Academy hosted by the Barrington Area Development Council.
:: WHO SHOULD ATTEND ::
- Anyone who is interested in becoming a more informed andeffective participant in community organizations
- Current or Aspiring Leaders of community service, civic organizations and homeowner associations who are seeking a better understanding of local resources and networking opportunities
- Appointed Members and Elected Officials of local village, township, school district, library and park district boards who want to improve their knowledge and appreciation of the issues and challenges that area organizations successfully confront.
- Newcomers likely active in their previous community, who are searching for opportunities to apply their energy and talents to a Barrington Area organization.
:: GUEST SPEAKERS ::
- Rev. Zina Jacque - Community Church - Keynote Speaker
- Janet Agnoletti - Barrington Area Council of Governments
- Brian Battle - CUSD 220 Board of Education
- Suzanne Corr - Barrington Area Chamber of Commerce
- Gene Dawson - Barrington Township
- Terry Jennings- Barrington Park District
- Ashley Johnson - Barrington Area Library
:: PROGRAM OVERVIEW ::
A stimulating agenda presented by a “Who’s Who” list of local Community and Governmental leaders, organized into three segments
- Opening Morning Session -- provides an introduction to the “Core” Government, School, Community Service and Business organizations that make the Barrington Area such a unique and special place.
- Mid-Morning Session -- focuses on developing effective organizational resources including financial and legal issues, meeting management, strategic planning and grant writing skills.
- Afternoon Session -- features an inspirational “Keynote” luncheon speaker, followed by a showcase Leader’s Panel representing successful area organizations and initiatives.
The agenda topics are presented in a format that provides opportunity for questions and group dialogue as well as personal interaction in the many breakout groups.
:: BREAKOUT SESSIONS ::
Attendees will have an opportunity to sharpen their skills in a variety of areas. They will get a chance to attend any two small group session. Each session is 25 minutes and will be led by a subject matter expert in that particular discipline. This small groups format will allow for extensive interaction among group members.
Breakout Session topics will include:
Being On A Board/ Running A Meeting
- Moderator: Anna Bush / Bush & Heise Attorneys at Law
Strategic Planning/Mission Statements
- Moderator: Gaylord Villers/ Stategic Communications
Recruiting and Leading Volunteers
- Moderator: Tom Burns / President, Barrington Area Ministerial Association
Financial Formalities for Not-for-Profits
- Moderators: Tim McDonald /McDonald Doherty & Co., CPAs, P.C.
Getting Your Message Out
- Moderator: Morgan Delack /Dir. of Communications, CUSD 220
:: Photos from the 2014 Barrington Area Leadership Academy